Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Update! New Deck Paint and More

Courtesy of friend Nancy I got photos of the work accomplished this week from the house in Hideaway. Wow. Great progress and validation that I am going in the right direction.

The Deck Makeover



I picked Cape Cod Grey "DeckOver" by Behr. It is the opaque non-textured type and it should look and wear great for several years.



The back deck is pretty large and wraps from the front around the house to the rear where it gets very wide and runs the length of the house.



Looking from the backyard behind the carport to the other side of the house.



Looking from the backdoor across the deck to the large backyard.


Interior Update






Some drywall getting finished. More paint and a cap on the upper apex of the interior roof beam. Looks great so far.




This photo was taken in daylight without a flash! I know I picked the right white now. The beam cap looks great and puts a finish on the whole thing.




The microwave exhaust was vented to the outside.  That's one of my pet peeves - those over the range microwaves that vent back in the room.  Didn't want my tenant to have that and I know I didn't want it when I move in later.



The utility room portion of the bath is now drywalled, painted and has the plumbing ready for the wall mounted on demand tankless water heater. The stacking washer and dryer combo will fit next to it. Sweet!




The bath tile looks awesome. The new vanity going in and when the light gets mounted the new mirror will look fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment